TSC Payslip for Newly Employed Secondary School Teacher .
Every newly employed graduate teacher who manages to secure a job with the Teachers Service Commission (TSC) in Kenya belongs to job group K as captured in the payslip. This job group changed the name is now referred to as grade C2 and is meant for Secondary Teacher II.
Immediately newly employed teacher finishes a period of three years of service, then this teacher automatically gets promoted to job group L attracting new payslip. This is position is currently known as grade C3.
TSC guarantees that the minimum requirement to teach in a secondary school is a diploma but most secondary school teachers are university graduates.
Teachers under job group K normally referred to as (grade C2), they receive a rental house allowance of Kshs 7,500 as well as another commuter allowance of Kshs 5,000.
Upon TSC effecting the mandatory salary deductions , a fresh teacher ends up taking home a total of Kshs 38,000.
The above amount is also likely to be low more especially to those people who have Higher Education Loans Board HELB arrears.
TSC comprehensive breakdown of the earnings for a newly employed graduate teacher in a secondary school:
|Salary Break down
|salary earning Amount (Kshs)
|Rental House Allowance
|Total Earnings (Before deductions)
The above salary for the teachers is also subjected to several deductions which include;
- The mandatory Widows and Children’s Pension Scheme (WCPS) which is of about Kshs. 699.10.
- The University Loan Recovery for the teachers of about Kshs. 5,000 ( it is only applicable only to those who benefitted from HELB).
- Teacher Union Contribution. The teacher may contribute to either Kenya Union of Post Primary Education Teachers (KUPPET) or join Kenya National Union of Teachers (KNUT) and others Kenya Women Teachers Association (KEWOTA).
- Pay As You Earn (PAYE) is equal deducted based on the net osy.
- Other deductions made may include sacco savings or loan repayment just Incase the teacher is servicing a loan taken.
TSC Payslip for Newly Employed Secondary School Teacher