Inthe latest move to address the challenges experienced during loan application, the cabinet indicated that the Ministry of Education together with all other stakeholders were directed students access to scholarships for all eligible students.
In the past , those students who joined the university at the age that is below 18 years were not eligible for application for Helb loans.
The cabinet further approved the upgrading of 13 Technical and Vocational Colleges to National Polytechnic status as a means of improving the education standards in he country.
The president of the republic of kenya William Ruto chaired the meeting in the Kakamega State Lodge
Among those that a have been recently upgraded include ;
- Maasai Technical Training Institute
- Kiambu Institute of Science and Technology
- Rift Valley Institute of Science and Technology
- Coast Institute of Technology
- Tseikuru Technical and Training College.
The other learning Institutions include;
- Sang’alo Institute of Science and Technology
- Bureti Technical Vocational College
- Jeremiah Nyagah Technical Training
- Institute, Mawego Technical Training Institute
- Baringo Technical Training Institute.
HELB official application requirements;
During application for the HELB loan, students must present the following:
- A clear photocopy of the admission letter from the former institution .
- A clear photocopy of the applicant’s National Identification Card ( those without national id allowed too)
- A Clear copy of an applicant’s KCSE result slip or certificate.
- Clear photocopies of the parents’ National ID Cards or death certificate in cases where the parent is deceased.
- Clear copies of both guarantors’ National Identification Card.
- A clear photocopy of the applicant’s Bank ATM/Bank card ( from any bank.)
- One clear most recent colored passport size photograph .
Students Below 18 years Approved To Apply for HELB By Cabinet : How to Apply