Top 10 Universities in Kenya that Admitted 2022 Grade A Students
The Kenya National Examinations Council KNEC released the results for the students who sat for the KCSE 2022 examinations.This gave room for learners to apply for the top universities in Kenya.
In the recently released Kenya Central and Colleges placement services KUCCPs placement, almost half of the students who scored grade A will join the University of Nairobi.
According to details seen by Nationupdates.co.ke, university of Nairobi will admit 418 of the total 1152 students who scored A.
The second top universities to take the highest number of 264 students are Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
A total of 151 of the A- students will get admission in Kenyatta University followed by Moi University that will take 71 students and Egerton University will admit 58 .
other universities at the top that will admit the top KCSE stars include;
- Maseno University that will take 53 students
- The Technical University Kenya (TUK) to take 38 students
- Masinde Muliro University of Science and Technology to take 22
- Kisii University to get 22 students
- Multimedia University will admit 15 students.
- Dedan Kimathi University of Science and Technology will take 9 students
- t University of Embu will receive 6 students.
- The Technical University of Mombasa (TUM) will get 1student
- Meru University and Kibabii University will admit 1 student.
Under the private universities top students chose Uzima University and Mount Kenya University as their favorite institutions of learning.
Details indicate that 21 students among those who scored grade A will join private universities in September 2023.
Admissions will be as follows;
- The university of Uzima University will admit 12 students
- Mount Kenya University 6 students.
- Daystar University 1 student
- Kenya Methodist University 1 student
- Kenya Highlands Evangelical University 1 student.
Unfortunately, the students who will be admitted to the private universities will not qualify for government scholarships or grants.
According the new directive on the funding model for university students,these learners however qualify for government loans.
The new funding model is expected to grade learners and award them according to their need.
Top 10 Universities in Kenya that Admitted 2022 Grade A Students .